and then my brain imploded
guys what if
THIS IS THE WORLD WHERE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS RUN BLOGS ABOUT US
I LIKE THIS WORLD.
in this world you can drive like everywhere i’m so jealous
Speckled Racer - Drymobius margaritiferus
Drymobius margaritiferus (Colubridae) is a diurnally active forager found in a wide variety of habitats ranging from lowland tropical rain forest, pine savannas and thorn forest to pine woods and cloud forest .
This species occurs from southern Texas on the Atlantic coast and southern Sonora, Mexico on the Pacific coast, south through Central America and into South America along the Caribbean coast of Colombia.
Photo credit: ©Paul Bratescu | Locality: Las Marías, Honduras (2010)
If you live in a place where you can grow mangoes outdoors, you can basically count on them sprouting in your compost.
For those of us who have to grow them in little containers as indoor plants, the process is a little more involved.
Steps to a mango tree:
- Eat delicious mango
- Clean the pit so it can be handled without slipping
- Gently and carefully pry open the pit with a knife
- Remove the seed and wash it
- Lay the seed on its side in a mix of wet, sterile vermiculite and perlite, or on wet paper towel
- Fashion a greenhouse out of something you having kickin’ around the house. Plastic bags are great for this purpose
I’ve tried just putting the whole pit in soil, and also sprouting in a wet paper towel: I lost 4 to mould. This attempt was more “fruitful,” if you catch my drift (dad joke?).